Saturday, May 8, 2010

planting fruits/veggies

Last year was my first try with planting.  I planted tomatoes and it was so much fun!  I actually grew 2 tomato plants and was able to eat them!!  HA  Once during the summer my plants started turning yellow and I had to give them a special treatment to save them!  And then another time some VERY large green caterpillar worm things started eating all my leaves off but I managed to save them again!  (normally I do not have a green thumb).  So this year I decided to expand my “garden” and planted a few more things.  Now if you’ve ever been to my house you would know that there isn’t room in my “yard” (I use that term lightly because mainly all we have is trees) to have a garden and because of so many trees no light comes through except on our porch.  So I have a container garden.  2 tomato plants, okra, and banana peppers.  I also planted cilantro and mint!  I can’t wait for something to bloom!!

My planting helper!

IMG_0955

1 comment: