Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tomatoes

What is summer without some yummy fresh tomatoes?? Tomatoes on black eyed peas, bacon and tomato sandwiches, tomato slices with salt & pepper…..MMMMM! This year I decided to be adventurous and I planted 2 tomato plants in 5 gallon buckets on my porch. Faith and I have been watering them everyday and watching them grow. We’ve had our eye on a couple of tomatoes lately that were finally turning red and tonight we picked the first one. I was pumped that I was able to actually grow something!!! 100_3633Yes they are leaning for some reason….not sure why but I’m not too worried considering they are producing.

100_3638100_3639

Then of course we had to immediately cut it and eat it! Faith LOVES tomatoes!! 100_3641100_3642100_3645 I can’t wait to see pick (and eat) more yummy tomatoes from my vines!!!

We also had family portraits made today so be looking for a link to those soon!! I hope we got at least 1 good one. Taking pics of a 2 and almost 1 year old is tough (just ask Mr. Kevin!!). Not to mention I'm hoping we don't have sweat dripping down our faces. We went first thing this morning but it was still quite warm!

OH AND.....Faith jumped off the ladder today BY HERSELF (with floaties of course)!! She would go all the way under and come right back up!! She was so proud of herself and was having SO much fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment